......Before I had a child, I could not stand the silence. Anytime I was alone, there would be some sort of background noise.....typically a television on.....to drown out the silence. Then, I became a mother.....
Several years into motherhood, I discovered the joy of silence. Not that I disliked the "noise" of a child....I in fact loved it. But I grew up and realised how much you can hear in an hour or two of silence. Just being still.....no background noise.....just yourself and your thoughts.......or sometimes not even your thoughts if you are able to turn them off.
I learned that in that time of silence and stillness I could hear the most important thoughts...I am able to discover the most creative ideas in that time of silence. Being still, being silent and listening....you hear more than you could ever possibly hear in the midst of all that noise. No distractions.
So listen to the silence.
No comments:
Post a Comment