This week, I began my field work (aka internship/student teacher) at a local school. I chose to begin in the preschool 3 classroom, as it appears to be the busiest in the afternoons, as well as the early mornings.
In the past four days, I have learned more than I ever thought I could from a three year old, well a bunch of three year olds, anyhow! On average, there are 12-15 children in the classroom at any given time. I've learned the importance of tennis shoes, and how the children notice when I don't have them on! How can you play tag without tennis shoes, Ms. Joy!
I have learned to improvise, yes, from a three year old! Whatever you have at hand can be used for anything, if only you use your IMAGINATION! Simple blocks have become hairbrushes, as well as nail files (and yes, I was pampered today by a few three year olds-got my hair done, my nails done, my make up done, and even a massage! - Just close your eyes and imagine it! I never felt more relaxed!)
Books can be enjoyed whether you know the words or not, make up your own story!
I've also learned more about the game ANGRY BIRDS than I ever could have imagined, all from one three year old little boy! How is it that a three year old knows more about a computer game than a 36 year old? His excitement is contagious-and although I have no interest (STILL) in checking the game out, I did go and print off a few Angry Bird coloring sheets. Something so simple made his day!
So yes, although I have experienced having a three year old (mine is now 6 -and a half, if you ask him!), you can learn so much more in a group of them!
They have captured my heart, each in their own unique way! They've spoiled me with their creative pictures, in which I will need a room just to display them all; their endless hugs, their laughter and joy!
No comments:
Post a Comment