1.30.2012

~Exercising, in Groups.~

I have finally realized why "skinny" girls don't exercise with "not so skinny" girls. (And this is not meant to be offensive, merely an observation.)


-Being a "skinny" girl myself, people often mistake me for being "in-shape!", which I am far from being "in shape." Dare I mention the fact that I need to exercise to another woman, who may not be as skinny as I am! The immediate response is "Why do you need to exercise?" Don't presume just because I am 5' tall and weigh 94 lbs that I am IN SHAPE and don't need exercise because, oh my gosh! "You are so skinny!" "Eat something!" "You don't need to lose weight!" 


I need exercise just as much as the "not so skinny" women do! Just not to lose weight; I admit, I am in no need of that! Some would say I could stand to gain a pound or two, but I am happy just as I am, I just want to be more fit! I need cardio, everyone needs exercise. Size doesn't count and doesn't matter.


Stop making us "skinny girls" feel like we don't need to exercise, encourage yourself, don't discourage us! Yeah, I might burn calories faster than you, but you don't know what I do to maintain my size and weight. 


We should be supporting each other as women, not knocking each other down. So the next time you hear a "skinny girl" mention exercise, don't assume..........just support! 



No comments:

Post a Comment