In my already crazy, hectic life, I've decided it's time to try something new....something I've been saying for years I've wanted to do. And since I have a goal not only to focus on my family and friends this year but also ME (which is honestly a challenge in itself, because I love to give to others,but have always tended to neglect myself) - I've decided to finally take up YOGA.
Yes, I said it, Yoga. She who doesn't know how to sit still for a moment is going to take up some yoga....to learn to relax, and meditate, and get some exercise in my life. My life is hectic, as I mentioned.....always running from here to there.....mind constantly going, I need to learn to focus and relax. I'm excited as I will be doing this with a friend and her daughters and my six year old son (who did yoga when he was three, yes, three!!) are joining us as well.
I want to improve my life all around. I've never been much into fitness, though my son thinks I should take up running. (Yeah, like that will ever happen! I didn't like running in P.E. in school; there is NO WAY I will take up running now! And the ripe young age of 36!)
So I am going to squeeze 15-30 minutes of yoga into my schedule (fingers crossed) daily! And maybe I will finally learn to meditate along the way as well (something else I have been saying for years I would love to do!) I have an active mind-like most women do! And a busy life! What with being a wife, and a mom, and working and going to school!
I have gone out to gather most of the tools I will need to begin this Yoga venture! I'm not joining any class - way too embarrassing! I just simply want to do this on my own, with close friends. And what better way is there to bond with your child, than to exercise!
It's NEVER too late to learn something new! And I can't wait to get this started! Yoga-expert here I come. (Ok, the "expert" part is really pushing it!)
More to come!
P.S. - So this morning, while on my way into work, I stopped by the Thrift Store (which I do on the rare occassion.) I had hopes of maybe finding an inexpensive yoga DVD, just in case my wonderful plans of sticking with this fall through, I won't have spent too much money! Well, I didn't find a DVD (yet!) but I did find a nice book educating one about yoga! All for the low price (wait, take a guess!) Ok....now I'll tell, $.49 - yes, 49 cents! And it was BRAND NEW! Nice!! I can't wait to get that DVD and get to Yoga-ing!
No comments:
Post a Comment