1.11.2012

-La Cucina di Gioia!-


So every now and then, I like to think I am a professional chef! I love to try my hand at a new recipe every now and then! (But never will you catch  me baking anything from scratch!) I love food which means I love to eat! 


Tonight I decided to cook up a pan of Chicken Piccata, the bonus to this recipe is that the ingredients called for wine! (Which means, while preparing, I could indulge in a nice glass of white wine! Hey! Who wouldn't sneak a glass out of an open bottle of wine!) 


I made mine without the capers- as I really don't like them at all!! I know they add some flavor, but the look and consistency of then, well, I just can't be bothered with them! And while I read the ingredient list several times, I missed the fact that I needed a whole lemon to slice up, so I could make the dish look even prettier!


For all my Mom's out there, who have so little time to prepare a nice, healthy meal, this one took less than thirty minutes to make! And my six year old absolutely loved it! Plus, it's fairly cheap to make and you will probably have the majority of the ingredients already in you cupboard! If you've never cooked anything with capers, I would recommend trying it out, you just might like it! 


Buon Appetito, as we say in Italy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment