4.01.2012

Heartbreaks

Recently I was telling my son a story of when he was a year or two younger. He's currently 6 (or 6 1/2 if you were to ask him.) He'd woken up one Saturday morning, and crawled into my bed, and under the covers, snuggled under the blanket and quietly closed his eyes, so not to disturb his still somewhat sleeping mother. (You know Mom's are never completely asleep when their children are awake.)

We laid in bed awhile longer, pretend sleeping, mostly. When I popped up, so did my son and the story telling began.

I shared with him how a year or maybe two ago, he used to come into my room when he woke up, he used to crawl up into my bed and "wake" me with a kiss. He proceeded to tell me that he was now in "the first grade" and this was no longer the "cool" thing to do. Really? At the age of 6?!? Wow!!! Do children grow up far too fast these days. (Shhh! Don't tell, but I still get to tuck him in at night and smother him with kisses, in which he "saves"!!!)

My heart broke a little more with this news, one less kiss for Mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment