3.17.2014

What are you Passionate about?

......During a discussion this afternoon with a friend, I posed the ever - so - thought - provoking question: What are you passionate about? What is your passion? What would you be doing RIGHT NOW whether you were paid for it or not?  This is not a question you have to answer for me, but rather for yourself.

For the longest, when I was asked this question, I was stumped. Deer - in - the - headlights look, anyone? Yeah. That was me. I mean I had hobbies....but were they passions? I could never identify my passion(s), my gift(s), my talent(s.) I mean I was always so unsure of myself...of my abilities. How could these ever be my gifts and passion?

The insecurity in our abilities will keep us from pursuing our passions. Those negative influences telling us we will never be successful at whatever our passions are, that it's pointless and we might as well give up....those people keep us from pursuing our passions. The doubt, the fear....all hold us back.

We're not getting any younger, time is slipping by minute by minute, second by second. Do we remain in unsatisfying, dead end jobs? Or do we take the chance and pursue our dreams and passions? Do we surround ourselves with people who will support us and not tear us down? Do we take the chance? Or do we just sit back and hope that one day, things will get better.

It wasn't until two years ago that I realised what my passion(s) were. Despite the late nights and exhaustion, I am pursuing them. I realise I will never live a fulfilling life without them.

Think about it. What will you do? Spend some time meditating. We all have dreams. These dreams are our passions. Rediscover them. Reignite them. Go for it. You have nothing at all to lose.

No comments:

Post a Comment