10.03.2014

Cereal...but no milk?

That moment when: you reach for that box of cereal (in my case the store-brand strawberry mini-wheats) and a bowl...open the fridge and discover....well, damn! There's no milk. Not even a tiny hint of milk...anywhere in the fridge. Standing there, door wide open, staring, looking, hoping, wishing a gallon (hell, even a half a gallon) of milk would magically appear.

Yes. I said "Magically appear." I tried to wish that milk into existence. Too late and too tired to leave the house. This is when you need milk (or grocery) delivery. When you desperately want cereal....and milk...but are too lazy to drive 10 minutes to get some. 

See, I rarely eat cereal and I don't drink milk, so I don't keep up on that inventory. You gotta tell me. "Mom! We have no milk!" But my son eats cereal without milk (Who does this? Seriously?! Dry cereal? In a bowl - with a spoon even!) 

Sadly, all my wishing and hoping....and the milk never magically appeared. I never got my cereal tonight...and this, my readers, makes me sad. 

The dilemma continues. I gotta get some milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment