1.07.2014

{48 Hours.}

48 hour fast and detox. Two Days. No Food. Just Juice. Just Juice. Watered down juice: grapefruit, orange, lemon and water. The question was, Could I do it?

My biggest concern was weight-loss. I mean averaging between 89 - 90 pounds, I couldn't afford to lose a pound. Not. One.

Day One: Not so easy. I couldn't stop thinking about food. And my stomach growled so loud....it was insane!! Headache plus lightheadedness and then, it passed, quickly. Just. Keep. Drinking. 8 oz an hour to complete a gallon a day. Two gallons of fluids in TWO DAYS!!??!?! What was I thinking? I kept telling myself I could do this. Don't give up. Detoxing. Cleansing. Not only physically but mentally as well.

Day Two: Wow. I was feeling really good. I woke up ready to take on gallon number two. Yep. Let's get this thing going! :o) No headaches, no food cravings, and this inner peace I hadn't felt in a long time. I even threw some chili in the slow-cooker, that's how good I was feeling! (That was pure torture mind you to smell it cooking ALL night long!)

And then, I drank my last glass of juice last night at about 11:30. It was over. Sleep called and I woke up feeling great. No food cravings. Still feeling mentally at peace.

Detox + Fasting for 48 hours was tough at first but it got easier. And I did lose weight, much to my demise. A pound or so. Which means I will have to eat regularly and healthy too. No chocolate and sweets. I'd like to eliminate the little bit of meat I have in my diet but I'm not quite ready to do that yet.

Starting the new year off with some peaceful, cleansing moments. Followed by some new, healthy goals.




No comments:

Post a Comment