9.25.2013

Memories.

What is the earliest age you can go back to and define where your memories began?

Not those "memories" fed to you by someone else, but true, you remember them for yourself memories.

My 8 year old son has an awesome memory. I hope he retains it. He remembers things back to the age of three, already.

Me? If I had to say, it'd probably be about 10 or 11, even 12 for that matter. And even there-after in my teenage years, my memories are somewhat vague.

Recently, I've been reminiscing, with an "old" friend. As an Air Force Brat, moving around often.....you lose touch with friends. With the world of social media now-a-days, it's somewhat easy to reconnect.

I struggle with memories - believe it or not.  Random memories pop in my mind, seemingly triggered by nothing.I feel like I should remember more. But the unfortunate thing is over the years, I feel a lot of happy memories were suppressed by not-so-happy life events.

My memories help complete the picture of who I am today. As I visit with "old" friends, more memories come flooding back. It's exciting, kind of like Christmas. 

I'm spending time, dusting off the cobwebs, revisiting some memories, and reconnecting the past with the present and with my future as well.

What do you remember? 

No comments:

Post a Comment