9.16.2013

{Third Grade ~Homework.}

Third grade. Is Killing Me. And I'm 38. 

Algorithms? Thesis writing? What the heck is an algorithm? Seriously? I graduated high school. I have an associates degree. I can't do third grade math! I'm a writer, but a thesis? Come on? Seriously? Really? Third grade? Have we graduated to college-level homework?  We're half-way through the first quarter and I. Am. Lost. 

Frustrated more like it. I am an involved parent. I like to help my son with his homework. But I. Can't. I'm blowing up the teacher's email. Reorganizing and readjusting. (Don't ask) but he's on his fifth teacher, mind you, three were substitutes (one turned long-term substitute.) Now he's moved into another classroom permanently and we seem to play catch up...AGAIN. You'd think all these third grade teachers were on the same page, doing the same thing. Think again. Not. Happening. 

Plus, the school has this program called AVID, which is supposed to prepare the kids for college, teach them how to organize and take notes. Six weeks into the school year, or there-abouts, and we've barely begun the AVID program. Now he's in a class that is actively working the AVID program....and we are lost, and behind. Very. Behind. We've got to start fresh.

Frustrated. A bit. About to take it all in strides. It's going to be an awesome school year. It has no choice but to be. And we're going to learn. A lot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment