Is it possible? To give too much?
Is it possible to give so much, you can give no more?
Is it possible to burn yourself out from giving?
I can answer this for you.
I am a "giver;" a "caretaker" if you will. It is possible. And I've been there.
Burnt out. Gave so much. With no one to replenish me along the way and no time to stop to replenish myself.
Giving of yourself is and should be a positive thing.
I fully believe one should give, their time, their talents,their love, their friendship.
In giving, one should definitely have set personal boundaries as well as the ability to say "no."
You see as a giver or a caretaker, one can over-give easily without these.
And when you over give, you can easily become stressed out, overburdened, overwhelmed. It's not a good feeling.
Giving should be pleasurable. Giving of yourself in whatever aspect it might be should feel rewarding. It should never feel like a chore, a burden.
Balance your giving. Balance yourself. Balance your life. And give.
No comments:
Post a Comment